Monday, June 15, 2009

Edinburgh and Glasgow!

Edinburgh is the next Scottish city on our list to visit. The buildings there were amazing. We walked up the Royal Mile, which is a cobble stone road that leads to the Castle in the city. We also did an underground tour that took you to the old buildings that were around 200 years ago. Very interesting place!
We also wandered around Glasgow again for a few days again. The next photo was taken in George Square, and I have to say, the Scots really know how to upkeep their statues. 
This statue was placed in front of my dad's old work, which is actually now a MOMA. Wasn't sure where the cone came from, but I later found it in a book about Banksy (a British street artist).... 
...The weather has been real nice since we got here, but then it finally rained! Some good ole Scottish weather! Picture of the gutter at our flat. 
... and then there is this picture. We do not know the significance of Henderson Jewelers, but in two days we saw 4 groups of people take pictures in front of it, so we thought we'd take a photo just to fit in with the rest of the tourist...

Anyways thats it for now, I gotta crap load of photos to upload, but that won't happen till I get back to the states, so I hope whoever reads my blog enjoys what I've put up!! Cheers! 

No comments:

Post a Comment